Thursday, July 23, 2009

Australian Phrases (Part 1)

Some Aussie phrases I have noticed...
1. Brekkie (Breakfast) - doesn't it make it sound so cute?
2. Tip (Tag) - as it the children's game. I heard it when Sean was running around playing tag (tip) with a couple other kids in the park.
3. How ya goin? (How ya doin)
4. Oz (Aus) - How they refer to Australia (Oz) or Australians (Ozzies).
5. Sydneysiders (people who live in Sydney)
6. Tinnie (beer)

I also LOVE the accent - can't get enough of it! And I love the fact that their voices go up on the last word of every statement so that it sounds like a question. They also pronounce the words oregano and shallots funny but I'll have to tell you when we get home because I won't be able to do it justice if I try to spell it phonetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment