Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Beach




For those of you not on Facebook, I learned that I need to pack an extra set of clothes for both kids before going to the beach! I took the kids yesterday as it was 75 degrees and sunny. We found a nice family beach and since it was a bay beach (colder than straight ocean beaches), I figured the kids would dip their toes but not go in so I put Sean in shorts and Brooke in crops and took off.

Sean dug in the sand for a few minutes then quickly decided that running up and down the water's edge was more fun. (Fine with me, tired kids are good kids in my book) Of course running in the sand isn't as much fun as running in the water and soon Sean's shorts were soaked. It was only a matter of time before he took a digger and sure enough, when he did, he was drenched from head to toe. He then decided it would be fun to roll in the sand. Think of breading chicken to imagine how covered in sand he was.

When it came time to leave he was still soaked so since I didn't have another pair of shorts for him, I gave him Brooke's pink leggings. Lucky for me, he is quite skinny and fit into the leggings no problem. They were a little shorts (think capris) but the pink leggings looked especially nice with his orange shirt and orange crocs. Quite a sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment