Sunday, July 5, 2009

Names

As many of you know, I am slightly obsessed with names and being in a new country has a new pool for me to obsess about. I have been evesdropping on conversations and paying attention at the playground. The kids names here seem to be pretty traditional English but there are some that are pretty old fashioned and a couple trendier ones too. I will post more as I hear them and they catch my interest.

Some examples of common ones I hear a lot...
Kate (I love the way the pronounce it!)
Sophie
Jack
Lily

Some old fashioned...
Angus (poor boy)
Cordelia (poor girl)
Charlotte Grace (the name of the baby baptized this weekend at church)
Lucy (I like that this is coming back - it is cute!)

Some newer ones...
Neve(Neive?)
Cooper
Lachlan (this may actually be traditional - I'm not sure)
Scarlet

No comments:

Post a Comment