Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fashion

I know, I am probably not qualified to comment on fashion seeing as I have a uniform that basically consists of 5 items (crops, jeans, sweats and short and long sleeve tees)but there are a few things I have to mention.

1. Leggings are in! Are they in back in the states? Did I miss the memo? I hope I did! I am all for leggings - comfort is always a plus!

2. Along with the leggings is the prevelence of riding boots which are frequently worn with the leggings. Again, hoping this style is popular in the US as I really like the look and think it might be a style I can actually implement.

3. Stiletto heels. Not sure if there is a height requirement for heals to be considered stilettos, but women here seem to wear these skinny, high heel shoes a lot. Not a fan. They can't be comfortable and I know I couldn't walk in them.

4. It has been between 60 and 75 degrees here and people are bundled up looking like they are about to set sail for Antartica. I mean really! There is no need for wool coats, scarves and hats. Thicken your blood a little!

That's it for my fashion observations. At least for now.

2 comments:

  1. Kristin! Hahaha, leggings have been in for so long, they are almost out again. I wear them a lot. They are great, try them. Also try the riding boots. Theyt too are a must.
    And, I feel for the Aussies, winter here isn't really "cold" but spend one winter here and you will be all bundled up when it's 65 degrees. Trust me, we all have the ability to adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so never know what is in with fashion! I have a better shot of knowing what is in with kids fashion as my kids are far more fashionable than I am.
    Another fashion notable is patterned stockings. If done well, I think it is a good look but I think there should be a sign posted in the hosiery department that fish nets are not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete